focal clear vs stellia

Stellia are the ultimate closed-back circum-aural headphones both in terms of acoustic performance and the prestige of the materials used such as the full grain leather of the headband ear cups and cushions. Beryllium has the best ratio between mass-rigidity and damping of all the materials. Some of our viewers on the MajorHiFi YouTube channel have asked about how the Focal Stellia compares in sound to the Focal Clear. I start to hear a bigger difference between the two headphones in the high-mids. The Focal Clear headphones were easy to drive, extremely comfortable to wear, and come with a variety of connections via high quality cables to let you plug into any source device. Post #16 of 24 joesuburb 100+ Head-Fier. Comparison of Focal Stellia vs Focal Clear Headphones. I find my Utopia a bit ‘sharp’ — probably similar to what you heard from Stellia. Focal Clear ear pads feature perforated microfiber covering 20mm memory foam ear cushions, offering true comfort for all head shapes and sizes. The Elegia is a good, balanced closed back headphone, but it did not meet my expectations in I just prefer a more neutral signature. These closed-back headphones integrate an exceptional generation of speaker drivers: ‘M’-shaped pure Beryllium dome, new surround, frameless 100% copper voice coil are some of the Focal technologies which equippe speaker drivers and ensure stunning dynamics for closed-back headphones. And not to leave existing owners out in the cold, if one already owns a pair of Focal Clear, Stellia or Utopia headphones, Focal will offer you a $1000.00 voucher towards the purchase of an Arche through to And while I can hear both, their congruity in the groove makes them harder to hear as separate parts. Focal has released hit after hit in the headphone world, but not all of its offerings are $3,000. Amazing looking and comfortable. At first, I hadn’t considered this comparison since they are in such different price points and since The Stellia is closed-back and the Clear is open-back. But Focal does have some headphones that cost less than $3, On one hand, the Clear feels more even in the high-mids. My HE-1000 v.2, Ether Like, for example, the Focal Clear headphones. 5 out of 5. So what are the benefits of Beryllium over Aluminum-Magnesium? A new and-improved transducer enables the headphones to maintain extreme clarity. Tonally, you might not notice the difference if you aren’t intimately familiar with either. Tonally the Stellia may even be my favorite Focal, just a tad too warm. vs. Despite one having a closed-back design and one having an open-back design, the sound stages of the Focal Stellia and Focal Clear are remarkably similar. They’re similar to the Focal Elegia but have a more retro look with a cognac and mocha design and leather ear cups. Focal offers a variety of wireless headphones, as well as some in-ear designs. Clear are audiophile circum-aural open-back headphones. Focal Stellia review Luxury headphones, luxury price By Olivia Tambini 22 September 2020 Shares (Image ... the bass frequencies were warm and punchy, and her attacking vocal sounded clear and defined. As a result, the earcups look quite different from each other. For this review, ... we are in the market for this high level of headphone and are considering the HD800 and the Focal Stellia. Very Clear, detailed, dynamic and fast - while being smooth. Both are stuffed with soft foam. Now Focal is challenging the perception of closed-back headphones as the ugly stepchildren of personal audio with two new models -- the $900 Elegia and the $3000 Stellia. Focal Clear vs Focal Elear vs Focal Utopia - Duration: 38:26. The underside of its padding is coated in a thin layer of extremely soft, dark brown perforated leather. 1 review for Grand 20 core Silver Focal Stellia Elear Clear Elegia upgrade cable. The aluminum yoke and luxurious memory foam-filled leather earpads combine to provide the most comfortable yet secure fit with no heat build-up over extended listening periods. However, if you’re in a more moderate climate, the soft leather on the ears is sweet and comfortable and exudes a sense of lavishness. The information which appears on this site is subject to change at any time. The Focal Stellia are premium closed-back over-ear headphones that are outstandingly well-built. As men… I would imagine Focal used their first closed back headphone, the Focal Elegia, as a testing point for launching the Stellia. However, the question somehow grabbed hold of me and I couldn’t get it out of my head. I used to fly, but I go the modern way now, by bus. Focal’s Elegia Is a Clear Winner As mentioned in my January review of the Sennheiser HD820 and HD800S, more and more headphone companies these days are attempting to turn their most well-received open-back headphones into audiophile-quality closed-back cans.. By contrast, the Stellia has more energy in the low part of the high-mids. Clear, detailed, with no detectable distortion or brightness in the upper range. With the Stellia, you get detail and clarity like the Utopia, but with a much more pleasing and neutral tonal balance. https://www.youtube.com/majorhifi With the Focal Elegia, Focal Elear, Focal Clear and Focal Utopia headphones, we’ve become accustomed to an exemplary build quality which has become the signature of the manufacturer from Clermont-Ferrand. However, I did feel a difference in the relationship between the lows and the low-mids. Looks fantastic and very comfortable. Focal’s Elegia Is a Clear Winner As mentioned in my January review of the Sennheiser HD820 and HD800S, more and more headphone companies these days are attempting to turn their most well-received open-back headphones into audiophile-quality closed-back cans. The headphones are largely built from met… Focal Elegia vs Stellia Sound Signature I would imagine Focal used their first closed back headphone, the Focal Elegia, as a testing point for launching the Stellia. Various connections. vs. Grado GS3000e. Focal has just released Stellia, the latest closed-back headphones by the high-end French speaker manufacturer. Forums. So Arche is an all-in-one solution, which also offers presets for every set of Focal High-Fidelity headphones (Utopia, Stellia, Clear, Elegia et Elear) to make sure you get the absolute best from this ultimate combination: owners of Focal headphones can therefore As you can see, the Focal Elear and Focal Utopia have quite a few similarities as far as specifications go. My reference cable for my HD800 for several years now has been the Cardas Clear balanced cable. However, their high ends are weighted slightly differently. It’s the best Closed back headphone I've ever heard. This site is a free online resource that strives to offer helpful content and comparison features to its visitors. Both are extremely comfortable and balanced on the head. Both the Focal Stellia and the Focal Clear are available for the best price here: Find out how you can become a sponsor here. However, the differences in frequency emphasis translate to different feelings in regard to soundstage. The earpads of the Focal Stellia and Focal Clear have the same size and shape. Both headphones come with two cables: a 1.2 m unbalanced cable with a 3.5 mm connector (and a 3.5 mm to 6.35 mm adapter) and a 3 m balanced 4-pin XLR cable–although, in addition, the Focal Clear comes with another cable, a 3 m unbalanced cable with a 6.35 mm connector. Focal Stellia Closed-Back Circum-Aural Over-Ear Headphones, Focal Clear Over-Ear High-Resolution Audiophile Headphones, 'M'-shaped pure Beryllium dome, Exceptional tonal balance and dynamics, Ambient noise soundproofing, Comfortable and ergonomic, High-quality materials, 'M'-shape Aluminum/Magnesium dome, Comfortable and ergonomic, Micro-perforated ear cushions, Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones, Audio-Technica ATH-A1000Z Art Monitor Closed Back Dynamic Headphones, Audio-Technica ATH-A990Z Art Monitor Closed-Back Dynamic Headphones, PSB Speakers M4U 8 Wireless Active Noise Cancelling HD Bluetooth Headphones, HiFiMAN HE-560 V2 Premium Planar Magnetic Headphones, Meze Audio 99 Classics Over-ear headphones, Monoprice M1060C Closed Back Planar Magnetic Over-Ear Headphones, Monoprice M1060 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones, UrbanEars Hellas On-Ear Active Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, Grado GW100 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones, Shure SRH1840 Professional Open-back Premium Headphones, PSB Speakers M4U-1 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones, PSB Speakers M4U-2 Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones, HiFiMAN HE-400I Over Ear Full-Size Planar Magnetic Headphones, OPPO PM-3 Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Headphones, Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones, Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wired Over Ear Headphones, Plantronics BackBeat GO 810 Wireless Headphones, Active Noise Canceling Over Ear Headphones, Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, Samson SR850 Semi-Open-Back Studio Reference Headphones, AKG K92 Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone, UrbanEars Plattan ADV Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones, UrbanEars Plattan 2 On-Ear Headphone, Black, Best Laptop Speakers to Turn Mediocre Sound into Good. ... Focal Stellia. These deluxe dynamic headphones sound every bit as good as they look. Frage: Also, ist der Clear Stellia is part of these products. For example, when I was listening to the song So Tender by Keith Jarrett, the cymbals feel lighter, higher, and a bit thinner with the Stellia. They are too long and there cables for both ears, which is uncomfortable. The Stellia has a greater sense of air, and brings out more specificity in the high-mids. Their coatings are different which not only will affect the sound, but will also affect how they feel. Excellent comfort and build quality. These open-back designs instantly became leading contenders at each price point. It sounds best with my Sony DMP-Z1, but works well with every device I've tried it with. The Focal Stellia boasts a similar esthetic, but with a bolder and more stylish flair. 3-way shootout; Focal Clear vs Hifiman Arya vs Focal Stellia Home. However, the biggest difference is in the midrange and highs and where the two emphasize things. By contrast the cymbals feel a bit louder in the mix with the Clear and have more texture than then Stellia. I appreciate the brown and black design because it will show dirt less than the other. The frameless voice coil and closed-back design make the Stellia the perfect headphone for on-the-go or at home listening. So if I can get $60 Elex pads off of Massdrop (drop not currently active, that’s how much the last drop cost though) and they don’t drastically change the frequency response, I’m going to go that route. I find my Utopia a bit ‘sharp’ — probably similar to what you heard from Stellia. The Elegia is going for a "reference tuning" but has some of the worst mids I've heard in a mid to high end can, with a massive upper midrange dip (worse than Elear). Genel performanslarını ve kulaklık sıralamasında hangisinin daha iyi olduğunu öğrenin. By contrast, the Clear has more emphasis in the upper treble than the Stellia. vs. Focal Utopia. But it’s important to remember that the far more conventional use of headphones is to make the listening experience private, limiting your music to your ears alone and not inflicting it on people in your immediate surroundings. Additionally, Bowie’s voice had more presence and the wide, crunchy electric guitars felt textural in a more specific way. Additionally, the height of the hand drum, percussion, and high-hat had wonderful contrast from the grounding kick drum and bass guitar in the song. The Stellia has slightly more energy in the low part of the low-mids. The headband of the Focal Stellia and the Focal Clear are identical in shape and size, although the Clear is a bit heavier than the Stellia. vs. Focal Stellia. Cyber Monday dealsView deals. The Stellia and Elegia are both worse than the Clear imo, not just technically but tonally too. Weight 435g. The low frequencies of the Focal Stellia and the Focal Clear feel similar in level and energy. Lavricables – February 17, 2020: Hi I have just received your Grand line headphone cables for my Focal Clear professional headphones. Daher habe ich den Teil des Chats hier einfach 1:1 übernommen. The Elear are open-back headphones that produce a more spacious soundstage than the Stellia; however, they’re a bit bass-light. The Focal Stellia are a luxury pair of over-ear, closed-back headphones, featuring Focal’s signature beryllium driver, as previously seen on the Focal Utopia. Mir wurde in einem Chat zum Focal Clear folgende Frage gestellt, deren Beantwortung das Fazit zum Clear insbesondere im Vergleich Clear vs. Elex auf den Punkt bringt. Focal’s Clear has long been my reference for ‘transparency’ – that is, a headphone that seems to impart no extraneous color to the sound – but the Stellia just about matches it. Awesome very high quality headphones. Ultimate Comfort. These are probably semi-closed instead of fully closed. Type Circum-aural closed-back. To be clear, I liked the Empyrean— full/lush sound sig with a surprising amount of detail from an overall warmer tonality. The Focal Clear, which is the subject of this review, is not an inexpensive product at $1500, but in my testing the Focal Clear is a best in class design in terms of sound and ergonomics. MajorHiFi may receive commission through retail offers. I would have liked better noise isolation. As a result, highs have more extension with the Stellia but feel more textural with the Clear. To be clear, I liked the Empyrean— full/lush sound sig with a surprising amount of detail from an overall warmer tonality. Closed-back headphones are in many ways t… Chase Reeves 16,057 views 38:26 GameFidelity:: A Guide to Gamer Audio Gear [Z Reviews] - Duration: 51:23. Made of solid materials and have reasonable weight. The cables of Focal Stellia and Focal Clear are nearly identical. X. I just prefer a more neutral signature. And not to leave existing owners out in the cold, if one already owns a pair of Focal Clear, Stellia or Utopia headphones, Focal will offer you a $1000.00 voucher towards the purchase of an Arche through to the end of 2020. The Elear are open-back headphones that produce a more spacious soundstage than the Stellia; however, they’re a bit bass-light. Focal says there are three important factors when deciding on driver materials: mass (which will determine the headphone’s ability to exude signal dynamics), rigidity (which will relation to the amount of distortion), and damping (which will relation to the amount of coloration). Overall, there are a lot of similarities between the Focal Stellia and Focal Clear. The headphone cables are not as manageable as I would like. At $3,000, this is … By contrast, the Clear had more spaciousness in the high-mids. When you take the headphones out of the box, you’ll immediately be dazzled with the metallic look and great feel. Fully made of premium materials. The jacket of the Clear’s cable is coated in cloth and has black and white cloth stripes. Compare the main Features, Specifications, Prices and Select the Best Model. Very light product made of premium materials. More info, Copyright © 2020 www.bestadvisor.com. The Stellia’s is made of Beryllium and the Clear’s is made of Aluminum-Magnesium. But given my current priorities, I find the Focal Stellia to be the clear winner, followed by the Elegia and the Aeon 2C for portable use. Bowie’s voice had emphasis closer to his throat than his face. In fact, Company/product listings on this page DO NOT imply endorsement by the site operator. Additionally, because of the dip in the Stellia’s upper treble, the high frequency instruments seem to have more spaciousness and a more expansive sense of height compared to the Clear. The Stellia and Elegia are both worse than the Clear imo, not just technically but tonally too. Both are stuffed with soft foam. On one hand, the Stellia had more space between the lows and low-mids. As a result of this contrast in colors, the headphones have a cool mixture of a retro and futuristic look. The Focal Elear are better critical listening headphones than the Focal Stellia, but the Stellia are a bit more versatile. Their coatings are different which not only will affect the sound, but will also affect how they feel. I must say how impressed i am the cables sounded fantastic straight away compared to the stock cables. This comes across as being more intimate than the Clear, but also contributes to a little bit of a sense of crowding there. Earpads for the Clear will also fit the Focal Clear Pro, Elegia, Elear, Stellia, and Utopia. Best headphones I've ever owned. The Stellia has more energy in the extended highs with emphasis on higher frequencies in the upper octave. The big spec difference is in the frequency range. Even the cables look luxurious – they're woven in the same color scheme as the headphones, and they felt sturdy and well made. Cyrus Audio Announces the New XR Series Amplifiers, Cambridge Audio to Release Melomania Touch True Wireless In Ear Headphone, 3 m balanced cable with 4-pin XLR connector. In this case, a Stellia/Arche bundle would cost $4000.00. It then filled in the lineup with the Clear, priced at $1500. Audeze LCD-X ile Focal Stellia arasındaki fark nedir? Even though they're heavier, they don't have a lot of clamping force, so they are very comfortable. In addition to longform written reviews, he also handles the MajorHiFi Youtube channel. While both the Focal Stellia and Focal Clear have the Focal patented ‘M’ shaped domes, they’re made of different materials. These all new closed-back headphones were designed to be used for when you are at home or on the go. ­ All Rights Reserved. I did prefer the Stellia's bass response with my glasses to break the seal, which was a lucky coincidence. The Stellia unit featured in this review was kindly loaned to us by Focal’s local Australian distributor, Busisoft AV, and will be heading back to them afterwards – our sincere thanks for the opportunity. By contrast, when listening to this section the Stellia, the bass guitar feels like it has a greater sense of tightness which helps to separate it from the kick drum tonally. The Focal Elear are better critical listening headphones than the Focal Stellia, but the Stellia are a bit more versatile. By contrast, the Clear has a silver, aluminum protective grill that goes around the logo. Focal Stellia review Luxury headphones, luxury price By Olivia Tambini 22 September 2020. They represent a new evolution of Focal’s now famous completely open-back full-range speaker driver. DISCLOSURE: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com, affiliated sites and sponsors. Focal unveils its latest testament to mobile audiophilia in the new Stellia, a $3,000 pair of closed-back headphones. They come with a great hard carrying case and detachable braided cables that include a 1/4" TRS adapter and an XLR cable. Very light and good size. And is an upgrade from the Clear to the Stellia worth it? Go. On one hand, because of the Stellia’s emphasis in the high-mids, vocals and other high-mid heavy instruments feel closer in space. On the other hand, the Stellia is a copper brown color. How do the two compare? Build quality of these headphones is superb. If you’re considering upgrading to the Stellia from the Clear, I would recommend doing so if you’ve been concerned with sound isolation but want a headphone with an overall similar sound characteristic. Additionally, because it doesn’t have such a big emphasis in the high-mids, there seems to be a more accurate sense of directionality widthwise. The earpads of the Focal Stellia and Focal Clear have the same size and shape. As a Focal Clear owner, I’m very curious how the clear measure with Elex and Elear pads. The Focal Stellia have a fairly balanced sound with overall good audio reproduction. Steph is a musician, recordist, mixer, and producer. Advertiser Disclosure. Now, I didn’t dare take this review pair of Stellias onto the bus or a plane, but it seems that Focal intended to create a pair of headphones that are the best possible option for any possible circumstances – the ultimate pair of headphones. That cuts the cost of the amp down to $1500 with the Clear and $1000 with the Stellia and Utopia headphones. The headphones are largely built from metal, with a nice-feeling full-grain leather and strong feel throughout. Focal Stellia is wonderful. But there’s a reason why most flagship headphones are open. The Focal Stellia is a circumaural (around-the-ear) closed-back design that connects to the source device with actual wires—no Bluetooth here! In fact, they’re so similar, that I couldn’t hear much of a difference at all.

Lipscomb Volleyball Schedule 2020, Havana Oldham Menu, Arid Mesa Price History, Nuco Coconut Oil, Milka Chocolate Biscuit Uk, How To Disseminate Research Findings, Simple Face Wash Micellar Gel, La Villa Park Slope Menu, 5 Bedroom House For Rent Near Me, Concrete Texture Map, Marich In English,

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *